Sometimes showing up at 100% is hard for leaders. A lot of leaders are operating on autopilot and having to each day “gear up.”
Determine what motivates you to feel the strength to get your day moving in the right direction.
Technique to get motivated on those tough days:
Three question mantra to connect the activity with the value. Why is it important to you?
- Do I want to be on top of my business or not?
- Do I choose to be on top of my business now or not?
- What action do I need to take right now?
This reconnects you with why the activity is important. You are making a connection to successful business through this activity.
What about personal distractions?
- Honor the distraction.
- Create space and time for the distraction.
- Get a motivation buddy. Get someone to call you and check in with you to see if you’re meeting your goals.
Click below to listen to the podcast with Raj Khera!
|– Dr. Jeff Kaplan|
|Dr. Jeff Kaplan is a business psychologist and executive coach who coaches executives and high potentials to lead with heart. Jeff helps leaders to work more collaboratively with others, recognizing that people are an organization’s greatest asset.|